Questions to Ask
How to Find the Perfect In-Home Caregiver
If you are searching for an in-home caregiver for your loved one, you might be feeling overwhelmed or stressed out. With so many care providers out there, how do you determine which will be the right fit? You want the best for your loved one, so it’s important to take the time to ask the right questions in order to find a good match. Ask a potential caregiver the following questions to make sure you’re getting the highest quality care possible.
- Do you perform routine quality assurance checks to make sure my loved one is satisfied with their care and that our caregiver is the right fit?
- Can you provide a qualified caregiver for my loved one within hours of my request?
- Do you make sure your caregivers have passed annual background checks?
- Do you coordinate my loved one’s care with all involved parties, including family and medical providers?
- Will I be able to speak with a live person whenever I give you a call?
- Do you tailor your care plans to meet my loved one’s needs to ensure their physical and emotional comfort?
- Do you create an environment that empowers and engages my loved one?
- Do you work to build strong, lasting bonds between your caregivers and clients?
- Are your caregiver employees bonded and insured?
- Do your caregivers undergo at least 12 hours of training per year to maintain high standards of care?
For a caregiving agency that can answer “yes” to all of these questions, turn to Homewatch CareGivers®. We are eager to speak with prospective clients and answer any further questions you may have about our care services.