Food Safety for Seniors
Food Safety Provided by the Experts at Homewatch CareGivers
Some of the changes associated with aging, such as sensory perception and sometimes dementia can put seniors at risk of getting a food-borne illness. Homewatch CareGivers helps with healthy meal planning and prep to keep your loved one healthy. Clients are included in meal planning, shopping and preparation if they like.
Food Safety Also Includes:
- Checking expiration dates on perishable foods
- Cleaning out the refrigerator
- Assisting with grocery shopping to ensure healthy foods will be easily accessible in the home
- Applying easy-to-see expiration stickers on food items
- Coordinating with meal delivery services, for example Meals on Wheels
- Assisting in preparing nutritious meals
- Rearranging kitchen utensils and/or items so they are easier to reach
If you or your loved one needs assistance with food safety in the home, contact us online for a quick reply!